At the land of Corinth dominates the magnificent town of Nemea
with view the wine producing Fliashium field of the past.
It is the center of homonym zone Wines of Quality Produced in Determined Regions (V.Q.P.D.R),where is growing with success the famous variety"Agiorgiorgitiko"
Her history is very old, the findings which have came to the light are showing us
that the area is inhabited from prehistoric ages.
As the place of the first feat of Hercules: the killing of the lion which was infested the area,
Nemea is a majestic part of ancient mythology of Greece.
According to the Fliashium tradition, on the lower heel in the valley of modern Nemea,
close to the sources of Asopos, the king Aras has builded a town for his citizens,
a place blessed, with a river to water the fertile valley, which named Fliasia,
because here was king, according to the myth, Flias, the son of god Dionysos.
There has grown for the first time the vineyard and produced wine,
the well known Fliashium wine, a majestic wine which presumed that it was
at the rich meals of king Agamemnon in the Mycenaean palace.
Nemea named after the homonym nymph, daughter of the river Asopos,
which is flowing nowadays Fliashio and later the Nemean area.
In 1838 the municipalities was making Fliudos and Nemea,
in 1840 amalgamate in the municipality of Nemea with capital Ai Giorgi
(modern Nemea),here is attribute to the name of the grape and the
wine "Agiorgitiko" the modern Nemea which is habitable successor
of the ancient Fliuda which produce the known "Fliashium wine".

CHURCHES - MONASTERIES
. Opposite our winery, at the entrance of Nemea, left at the steep rock
which is raising imposing is located harmonized with the rock
"Virgin Mary of the rocks" which history is connected with
the older and legendary church Polifegus, builted almost in 1633
according to its stamp. The entrance of the church is stone builded,
proud with its western side touching the rock and its left standing on a wall.
It is worth to tell the hermitage of Polifegus which is at the south side
of this rock and there is also surrounded with walls the cave, with wall
paintings Candlemas of the God and Saint George, of 11th-12th century.
. At the western side of the town, 2km from our winery on the road for
Aidonia - Stimpalia is located the church of Saint George. It is believed
that it is a building of 14th or 15th century. The temple is Byzantine,
stone builded. It has poligonical dome and inside the temple there is samples
that at the ages of Turkish rule the temple was station of thieves.
The floor of the temple is stone like the wall of holy altar

DOMAINE BAIRAKTARIS NEMEA WINERY wine nemea agiorgitiko CABERNET agiorgitiko MERLOT agiorgitiko SYRAH - agiorgitiko MOSCHOFILERO RODITIS WINERY,WINE,GRAPE,NEMEA,BAIRAKTARIS,ESTATE,AGIORGITIKO,CABERNET,MERLOT,SYRAH,RODITIS,SAVATIANO,MOSCHOFILERO